Re: Streamline xslt

Geoff wrote:
> The first thought I had was use includes. Php includes won't work
> because the first thing the Sablotron processor sees is <?php //php code
> ?>. I assume the same problem occurs with Apache includes.
> XSL includes must be well formed xml documents so that wouldn't work
> either.
>
> Any suggestions?

I'm not sure of the ins and outs of using Sablotron from PHP, but
if document() works in that environment, use that to copy the nodes
from parsed XHTML documents:

<xsl:copy-of select="document('head.xhtml')"/>
<xsl:copy-of select="document('foot.xhtml')"/>

They must still be well-formed, of course. If you need them to be text or HTML
fragments, there's no solution in XSLT that doesn't involve writing your own
extension functions, which probably won't be an option for you in that
environment. Perhaps you can use PHP's mechanism for pulling in text from a
file, bookending your XSLT output.

   - Mike