Re: Can you apply a template match on a copy node?

Hi Mike,

if you really want to style every <td> in the same way, why don't you want to use CSS?

td {
width: 500px;
background-color: red;
}

If not, what's your processing framework? In Cocoon for example a 2 step transformation would be really easy. More information on xalan:nodeset() you can find at http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/extensionslib.html#ex-nodeset.

Regards,

Joerg

Mike Carlisle wrote:
Hi Joerg,

The reason for wanting to process <td> in a seperate match was that it could
be used to define a style for <td> in one place, and one place only. Whether
the <td> was in the xml or written by another match I wanted one place where
it's attributes could be set generically, a bit like using xsl as a css.

I'm not that familar with extensions used in Michael Kay's approach. Am I
right in thinking that to use node-set I need to install something like
Xalan.exe, and this will then pass a string back into a node set? How do
these extensions effect efficiency of the tranform? I've been told xsl/xml
transforms are already fairly processor intensive compared to something like
a pure asp solution, so am a bit reluctent to start complicating the process
further with external calls. Dooes anyone know of or have any good bench
marks?

Cheers,

Mike