generating xsl on the fly

I'm attempting to create a javascript function which will create a template xsl file and insert
a dynamically generated xsl select statement. This would all return the node found in the search.

What this is all trying to do is to implement the selectSingleNode which is supported by IE so
that I can call this function in either IE or Netscape.....

any ideas?

Thanks,
Bruce