RE: RE: XML/XSLT to HTML output

		The business issue is that the Customer Service
Representative will click a link that points to the XML document(which
contains the data for the report) and the XML document points to my XSL
stylesheet(s) which render the XML document and display the output in the
browser.  The output in the browser shows the marked-up XML document
correctly and looks like an HTML document.  The Customer Service
Representative wants to be able to save this file and email it.  When you
try to save the file, it saves it as an XML document so of course they lose
all the markup.  I use XML-Spy as an XML editor, and when I apply my XSL
transformation to the XML document, it shows it as an html document and
keeps my html tags and so it can be saved as an html document.  But when
transformed in the browser, the file cannot be saved as an html document,
and so the report is useless to the Customer Service Representative as an
xml document.  Is this a browser issue?  What is the purpose of the
<xsl:output method="html"/> when I.E. 6.0 is used, since it seems to ignore
this anyway.  Im also aware this is an implicit stylesheet tag and even if I
left it out, it should default to html anyway.
		Here is a tested example (Not my report):
		Here is the stylesheet:
		<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
		<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

			<xsl:template match="poem">
						<xsl:apply-templates/>
			</xsl:template>
			<xsl:template match="title">
				<h1>
					<xsl:apply-templates/>
				</h1>
			</xsl:template>
		</xsl:stylesheet>

		Here is the xml document:
		<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
		<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="C:\Documents and
Settings\a10037\My Documents\TESTER.xsl"?>
		<poem>
			<title>this is a test</title>
		</poem>

		Here is the transformed output result using XML-Spy:(This is
what Im trying to get with the browser)
				<h1>this is a test</h1>

		This result is what I want to see in the browser.  But using
the same stylesheet & xml document, this is the browser result:
		<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
		<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="C:\Documents and
Settings\a10037\My Documents\TESTER.xsl"?>
		<poem>
			<title>this is a test</title>
		</poem>

		Notice I lose all my html markup....Is there a solution to
this???

		Michael D. Croft
		I.T.  Developer
		Amica Insurance