Template matching attribute

Hi, is there any way to invoke a template when an attribute is found or to write a template that matches an attribute which might occur in several nodes.
For example, when I am merging two files, and I have an element in file 1 like this.

<Currency Unit="DOL">50</Currency>

and in file 2 I have an element:

<Unit key="DOL" val="$"/>

In the output I should get it as:

<Currency Unit="$">50</Currency>

There are various such elements in File 1 and various such Key, value pairs in File 2. Can someone please help me out.

Thanks,
Kalyan