Re: double quotes in attributes

Are you really getting this as an XML file?

>    <info seq="21"
>          bind="S000003"
>          text="Alarm Status 00000100 stream-id="0
>           LowAlarm"" />

Or is there a typo here? Assuming this is a typo, double quotes are not a
problem in XML attribute values, and when you need to nest quotes, you can
switch between single and double quotes to contain a quoted value:

test = "'string'"

Cheers,

Charles White
The Tumeric Partnership
http://www.tumeric.net
chuck@tumeric.net
http://www.javertising.com
Author, Mastering XSLT, Sybex Books
Co-Author, Mastering XML, Premium Edition, Sybex Books