Re: sum and substring xpath needed

Hi Andrew,

there are already some examples in the archive. It's not possible in the way you want to do it. I know only 2 possibilities: RTF or Dimitre's FXSL.

Joerg

Andrew Welch wrote:
Hi all,

Please can someone give me the xpath that will sum() the following
values into the select attribute of a variable (ie not a rtf).

<colspec colwidth="38mm"/>
<colspec colwidth="22mm"/>
<colspec colwidth="26mm"/>
<colspec colwidth="43mm"/>

so something like:

<xsl:variable name="total" select="sum(substring-before(//tgroup/colspec/@colwidth,'mm'))"/>

..this obviously fails because sum() requires a node-set and the
substring functions return strings, but you get the idea. I dont think
its possible to do in a single select but you never know, hopefully
there's some trick available.

cheers
andrew

--