Not able to have fixed Table size

Hi,
I am using xsl:fo for generating PDF Reports.I am using XEP2.5 fot this.

I am using following code to print a text in a particular position
<fo:table>
<fo:table-row height="1.0in">
<fo:table-cell>
<fo:block>
<content>
Even though i had set the height of row to "1.0in",If the content is getting large, what is happening is the row height is getting incremented.I don't want this to happen as this will spoil my pdf format.I want the extra text to be truncated.
Is there any way to do this.Please Help...

WIth Regards,
Philip