Re: Dynamic updates to form list based on user selection

I infer that you are using XSLT to transform XML into either HTML or
XHTML. If that is a correct assumption, the answer is probably "no".
I say that because once your tranformation has been serialized to HTML/XHTML
and sent to the browser, you are basically done with XSLT.

I say "basically done with XSLT" because you could (with IE, anyway,
I haven't scripted recent versions of Netscape) invoke additional transformations
by instantiating MSXML COM object in the browser and calling their methods
with scripts. But the important point is that you will have to do scripting
in the browser to modify a page after it has been generated unless you
wish to make a round-trip to the server everytime a user makes a selection
from one of your <select> inputs.

If you are doing client-side scripting, the kind of effects you want
to achieve are far more easily done without using XSLT and instead by
manipulating the document's elements directly with the script.

--
Charles Knell
cknell@onebox.com - email