Improving the structure of a XML document

I thought this would be a simple problem, but things are never as simple as
they seem ;-).

I would like to take a 'flat' XML document that implicitly separates
entities using the order of the elements, like this;

<name>Jenna</name>
<age>26</age>
<name>Asia</name>
<age>28</age>
<name>Kobe</name>
<age>25</age>

and create a more structured document like this;

<person>
	<name>Jenna</name>
	<age>26</age>
</person>
<person>
	<name>Asia</name>
	<age>28</age>
</person>
<person>
	<name>Kobe</name>
	<age>25</age>
</person>

if I use <xsl:for-each> I can only match one of the elements at a time. In
terms of the example documents I would like to be able to cache the value of

How would this be done in XSL?

Thanks,
Keith