Re: Re: WML input problem

ashu t wrote:

Add the following empty template:

<xsl:template match="text()
This template matches on text-nodes,

[preceding-sibling::node()[1][self::input]
whose immediately preceding-sibling node is a input element

[not(normalize-space())]]"/>
If you refer to the strict.dtd of HTML 4.0, you can remove the last predicate.

But maybe you have to add a further predicate to differ between "normal" input (type="text"), where you want to have the text follwoing the <input/> and radios or checkboxes, where you don't want the text because of your <option/>s.

Regards,

Joerg

thanks a lot Joerg for your help and patience.
i have added that template and it has solved the problem finally. but i hope you would not mind if i say that i have just copied and pasted the template in my stylesheet.i did not get the exact working of template
though you have written

The above template ignores all text-nodes which are immediate following-siblings of an input-element without a text node.

but all i got is that it is template match for text() then in predicate there are some more conditions which i did not get corectly just got that [not{normalise-space())]would prevent the white spaces.
we have to consider any text following <input> but what does it mean *input-element without a text node.*

if you don't mind could you please explain me the exact working that will definitely very very informative and beneficial for me.
ashu
--

System Development
VIRBUS AG