This is the mail archive of the
mailing list .
- From: Jeni Tennison <jeni at jenitennison dot com>
- To: Bryan Tarantina <bryantarantina at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: xsl-list at lists dot mulberrytech dot com
- Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 21:39:25 +0100
- Organization: Jeni Tennison Consulting Ltd
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: xsl-list at lists dot mulberrytech dot com
> Here's the problem... I am using two different XSL
> transformations on the same document... sequentially.
> The first one turns XML to HTML, the second one takes
> embedded comments in the HTML and displays them. The
> comments contain HTML code.
Why are you creating comments in the HTML that you generate rather
than creating the HTML directly?
> I have both XSL sheets written, however, when I
> display the final output, I get the < > in the
> output for the comments.
> The first transformation yields code like this:
> <!-- <br /> Copyright Information ... -->
> and after the second transformation (which is a simple
> "grab the value of the comment":
> <br /> Copyright Information
This is what disable-output-escaping is designed for (although if you
can fix the problem by not generating the HTML in comments, then that
would be much cleaner). Try using:
<xsl:value-of select="." disable-output-escaping="yes" />
XSL-List info and archive: http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list