Re: fo:inline vs. fo:wrapper

At 08:13 AM 7/5/2002, David wrote:
> But if the content of an inline is only pcdata, does the formatter still
> break it David?
> I thought not?

[I know I'm not the David you mean but...] I'd certainly _expect_ them
to be broken. fo:inline is "inline" in the sense that an HTML <em> or a
latex  \textbf{...} is inline, it's used to change some properties of
the text but the result is still part of the main text flow and takes
part in line breaking etc.
That's what I thought, and as he said the other David (T.) has told me he'll look at the code, which I'm grateful for since I have little doubt the explanation lies there; my guess is that Dave #2 (P.) is looking at the same part of the spec which I saw (and which I'm confused by) which is why I got you all involved....
:-<

Fortunately for me I don't have the code on the system I'm on today so I can't embarrass myself just yet.

In fact it'll be Monday before I can get the offending code to David, so we may have to leave it at "Wendell has confused himself (and maybe David)" until then, even while I concur that that's what you (David), David and I all agree on what the behavior should be (and really David too I bet); it's only how to get it.

Cheers!
Wendell

"Thus I make my own use of the telegraph, without consulting
the directors, like the sparrows, which I perceive use it
extensively for a perch." -- Thoreau