Re: Keep-together and friends

Antonio Fiol wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a table with the following structure:
>
> I would like to avoid text3 appearing at the end of a page, and image3
> on the following.
> I tried:
> and
> ...<block keep-with-next="always">text3</block>...
>
> None worked.
>
> I think it may be because I did not include ".within-page" anywhere.
>
> However, I also tried:
> and
>
> I did not expect the second to work, but neither did the first.
>
> Can anyone point me to the solution (I must be close enough, but I can't
> see it).
>
> Also...
> I have a table and I would like to either
>
> a) make the first row refrain from appearing "alone" at the end of a page.
> or
> b) make the first row appear on each page that a portion of the table is
> rendered.
>
> I have not started trying on this.
>
> I suppose that (a) could be accomplished with <table-row
> keep-with-next...(something, that I'll learn from the answer to the
> other question)...>. But I have no idea whether (b) is possible or not,
> and I'd prefer that, if possible.
>
> Is it possible?
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Antonio Fiol

Hi Antonio,

since I'am also in the FOP mailing list I followed the discussion about
the
"keep-..." stuff a little bit. As far as I understood the
keep-together.within-page
dosen't work until now - and there is no estimate when this will be
implemented :-(

But if you want to go into more detail about this issue have a look at:
	http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/
There you can search the archive of this list - and you will find a lot
discussions
concerning this matter (but I guess you will not find a simple solution
for this
problem).

Greetings
	Raimund