RE: Transform Problem Too Much IO

> Thanks for the response. I am trying to think through this.
> The values are coming from a web page as http params. I would
> like to use the xsl:params but I would not have any clue how
> to get the parameter value from the servlet to the xml file
> as the value for a param.

Getting the parameters out of the URL is basic servlet programming.
Passing them as parameters to the transformation is basic JAXP
programming. Which part of the exercise don't you understand?

You certainly shouldn't be modifying the XML before transforming it,
that's absurdly inefficient.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@ntlworld.com