A method to insert Adobe's accessibility "tags" into a PDF via FO?

I've checked the FAQ's and archives but I didn't see the answer to
this particular question.

I'm on a project where we allow the user to download a PDF copy of
information they've entered over a series of 20+ screens.  This PDF
is generated using XML structured and formatted by XSLT/XSL-FO with
Xalan/FOP.

We'd like the PDF to be accessible if possible, but with the current
version of Acrobat (v.5), it appears you have to go in manually and
mark up the document with their particular accessibility tags, which
doesn't really work under this delivery model.

My question is:  does anyone know of any FO or XSL elements or
extensions that will simulate these tags?  It seems to me that if the
data is already structured in XML, it should be easy enough to code
that structure into the PDF.  And it doesn't look like Adobe's XMP
(eXtensible Metadata Platform, not to be confused with the obsolete
HTML element) is quite what we need.

If anyone has experience in this or knows of a reference I'd greatly
appreciate it.  I was going to read James Tauber's presentation
("Formatting Object to PDF (FOP) Translator"), but the link provided
in the FAQ's is broken.

Thanks in advance.

Toni Geoly
Arlington, VA