Re: text/xsl (was Re: Hello World)

It'd be awfully useful to let a user select a stylesheet, either one delivered to them or one of their own. Some old-timers may remember the Panorama SGML browser, that allowed you to switch between various styled views. Way nifty, and it had any number of real-world applications. Mozilla, say, ought to be able to load a menu option under the View menu with choices of stylesheets.

Right now the only techniques I know of to get this behavior is to go through MS-proprietary scripting or do it all server side. There appears to be no standard for doing it in a non-proprietary way on the client. But it's a pretty core infrastructure requirement. I suppose the good wizards could invent one. Could use RDDL or some such I suppose.

Mike, could you offer a brief synopsis of other ways?

Cheers,
Wendell