Re: Hello World

> bug. But what's worse: If you change it to a stylesheet which produces
> valid xml output, Mozilla crashes - at least on my system.

I also confirm this.....geez, dont the nice people at Mozilla org
understand that a valid XSLT processor is something that is important ( ok
not all important), there are at least 20-30 bugs ( from very small to 'not
gonna use this' ), not too mention that sJS cripting control of XSLT
transforms uses another syntax, yes I understand but why not step back a
little for compatibility / interoperabilities sake, the idea of distributing
processing was heralded a long time ago, but remains a dream on the
clientside, most of which i put down to forced differentiation for product
reasons rather then technical.

I remember seeing somewhere a few years ago an XSLT torture test, is there
such a thing as a conformance suite of XSLT tests anywhere ? Also why
haven't any of the browsers made it easy to plug in 'something else' I
envisage a simple JAXP/TRAX (any comment on c/c++ effort would be great )
type handling thingy,  In fact I see a very simple standard scripting
language that is in xml syntax ( bypassing all JS type script ) that handles
JAXP type operations.....

I would rather have heterogeneity in my choices of XSLT processor, rather
then in my output.

cheers, jim fuller