Re: Writing a stylesheet to create a stylesheet, with XSLT in the XML

> When I use it, I get the following in my output stylesheet:

hmm looks like a processor bug to me.

> P.S. In case anyone's wondering, my solution involves a recursive string
> parsing template.  Anything between two | characters is taken as a XPath

If you only need to embed xpath and not xslt then an alternative to
|...| would be {....} and then you could call it an attribute value
template and honour would be restored: you'd be following XSLT
precedent...

Incidentally if you are only embedding XPath then using an attribute
makes perfect sense, XPath was after all defined originally for being
embedded in attributes. It's if you start embedding whole chunks of xslt
(so your "recursive template" needs to encode an XML parser) that
embedding in an attribute gets less desirable.

David

PS
thanks for posting this followup confirming my faith in human nature.

PPS
Despite the fact that I berate people on this list for using d-o-e or
the-language-known-as-xsl-in-ie5 it is possible to find (I'm sure google
could help) a currently supported stylesheet that alleges to be written
by me that uses both these feature in the same file. Real world...