Re: AW: Problem parsing cp1252 with msxsl > UTF-8 ?

> you cannot use special german special character
> ...we must continue for german with encoding="iso-8859-1" .

Not true at all. Any encoding that you use with XML gives access to a
subset of the full unicode character set as character data, other
characters not in that encoding have to be accessed by character
references (Ӓ) and can not be used in element and attribute names.

utf-8 encoding encodes the whole of unicode which means you can use
_all_ unicode characters as character data and in element names
(including German, but also arabic, japanese, ...)

If you use iso-8859-1 then you are restricted to 200 or so characters
that may be used in element names and accessed as character data.

David