Re: Borders on column groups

> I had expected 1, 2, 3 and 4.

I didn't! Which is why i put a comment in my code snippet.

Usually the odd numbered nodes are white space text nodes.

if you have

 <th> ..</th>
 <th> ..</th>

then there are 4 child nodes of  tr, and the two th's are 2 and 4.

if you want to use position() then zap the white space so

either use

<xsl:apply-templates select="th"/>
rather than
<xsl:apply-templates/>

that way there's only th nodes in the list and so only they count for
position()

or use

xsl:strip-space eleemnts="tr"

so you ignore white space in tr while building the input, or

define $x to be count(preceding-sibling::th)+1 rather than position().

David