Re: Document() and &

Hi Josh,

> So I have switched to the Java Xalan processor and have the same error.
> I posted some incorrect information before. If I do the following I DO
> get the error.
> <xsl:apply-templates
> select="document('http://www.somewhere.com/getDocument.html?docType=xml&amp;
> id=12345')"/>
> Earlier I stated that I this worked but it doesn't. With Xalan the
> error is stated like this "file:///Volumes/SharedDocs/TestFile.XSL;
> Line 129; Column 134; Can not load requested doc: Attribute name
> "TD" must be followed by the ' = ' character."

It sounds as though the document that you're getting through the
document() function isn't well-formed XML. Try saving the document
locally and checking whether it's well-formed; try loading the local
copy with the document() function. If the document isn't well-formed,
you're going to have to talk to the people at www.somewhere.com to get
them to make it so.

Cheers,

Jeni