Re: Stylesheet accessing dynamically generated XML documents?

> On the internet there are documents that are static and we may access them
> by giving the URL plus filename, e.g.,
>
> http://www.xfront.com/foo.xml

That also might be generated dynamically, it doesn't have to relate to a
file (in a server setup like cocoon for example more or less everything
is generated dynamically from something else, just to make life
interesting)

The XSL engine coudn't care less what happens on a remote server, it
just sends a request and gets back a bunch of XML, so you can do all the
things you ask (except of course you have to write & as & when it
appears in the stylesheet)

Note however that XSLT explicitly specifies that if you use the same URI
twice in the same transform you get the same document.

David