Re: How do i use a substring

is it very application critical that u use the namespace
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl";>?????

if not then u are better off using
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

u seem to have this problem even before, with the <xsl:variable> and
<xsl:text>..
WD-xsl was based on a very early working draft of XSLT before
some of these elements were defined.
you are more restricted with the namespace u are using