referencing elements

Hi,

I am pretty new to XSLT and have a problem I cannot solve. I am posting
here, hoping some kind soul is friendly enough to enlighten me (; -
thanks in advance

I have a xml input document like this:
<root>
	<chapter name="foo">
		this is all about foo
	</chapter>
	<chapter name="bar">
		this is all about bar
	</chapter>
	<chapter name="baz">
		this is all about baz.
		you might want to have a look at chapter
		<link id="bar"/> too.
	</chapter>
</root>

Now I would like to generate some nice html out of this and convert the
"link" element into a true hyperreference

therefore in my stylesheet i have something along the lines (not with
true hyperlinks yet, but just to demonstrate ids:
<xsl:template select="chapter"
	id of this chapter is: <xsl:value-of select"generate-id()"/>
	to demonstrate a link:
	<xsl:value-of select="/chapter[@name=???]"/>
</xsl:template>

Now the ??? part is what i don't know how to solve. My first go was to
write:
select="/chapter[@name=@id]"
or:
select="/chapter[@name=./@id]"

Hoping that somehow i could access the node that the current template
rule matched, but it seems in square brackets the context node is
overruled.

Anybody knows how to do this?

Also, I would like to produce one html page per chapter. Is there a
chance I can do this without post-processing the result?

thank you very much in advance,
Andreas