RE: svg from java method

yes, i know this, but i have to generate very complicated
svg-s, from xml (sin, cos, etc)
and it would be very simplier, if i could do this in java,
and then xslt processor only have to show it.

Fishy

Andy Joslin <andy.joslin@ri3k.com> írta:

> Hi Fisher
>
> I'm not sure that your current approach is going to work.
You should really get hold of the SVG file and embed it
directly in your stylesheet by enclosing it in a
<fo:instream-foreign-object> (as SVG is essentially XML).

> FOP can then render the SVG with the rest of the document
as it processes it. You'll have to declare the SVG
namespace, and elements should have the svg: prefix like so:

> <fo:block-container>
> <fo:instream-foreign-object>
>
> <svg:svg width="177.4199219pt" height="29.6660156pt"
viewBox="0 0 177.4199219 29.6660156" xml:space="preserve"
xmlns:svg="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg";>
> <svg:g id="Layer_x0020_1" style="&st0;">
> <svg:path style="&st1;" d="M7.2016602,11.5039063c0-
5.</svg:svg>

> etc. etc. ....
>
> </fo:instream-foreign-object>
> </fo:block-container>
>

> This way FOP outputs the SVG along with the rest of the
document before outputting the pdf file.

> hope this helps
>

> Andy

> hi,
>
> i've got a problem:
> i have to generate a pdf with FOP, from an xml, and an
xsl.
> i have to put some svg images into pdf, and i have to
generate them via
> a java method.
> so i call this java method from xsl, and this method
returns an svg in
> String.
> what i need, is to get xsl to recognize this svg, parse,
and show it, as
> an svg.
> but it only show me as a string. (what the java method
returned)

> how can i made xsl, to parse this svg in this string, and
show it??

> BR,
> Fishy
>

>  XSL-List info and archive:
>

> This e-mail and its attachments are confidential. If you
are not the intended recipient of this e-mail message,
please telephone or e-mail us immediately, delete this
message from your system and do not read, copy, distribute,
disclose or otherwise use this e-mail message and any
attachments.

> Although RI3K Limited believes this e-mail and any
attachments to be free of any virus or other defect which
may affect your computer, it is the responsibility of the
recipient to ensure that it is virus free and RI3K Limited
does not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage
in any way from its use.