Re: dealing with languages

Hello Laura,
  I suppose the Swedish encoding is ISO-8859-1, while
the Czech would probably be ISO-8859-2
(well, it can be also CP-1250 or some others ...)

I am not sure, whether one encoding is sufficient for
both Swedish, Czech, etc. characters in your case.

The only way is using references like ž (if you have
your input in ISO-8859-1).

Or switch to UTF-8 ..

Regards
Jirka

Laura Jenkins wrote:

> Dear Members of the XSL List, I had posted a question lastweek. and
> there was a problem with my mail id and i could not get any mails.
> I am reposting my question..
>
> The problem goes..
> I deal with an xml file which has charecters specific to many languages.
> like swedish, Czech etc. I have declared the xml encoding as follows

> which seems to be working out well for swedish charecters but for
> charecters of Czech, it is not printing out the correct output.
>
> for example, the word "ohro?ených" which is czeck language, is printed
> in the XSL output as  ohro&#382;ených  i notice that the letter ? is
> converted to &#382;. how can i avoid this problem??
>
> Is there a way that i write XSL to accept any charecter set , no matter
> what language it is??
>
> please suggest me a solution
> Laura

  <name firstName="Jirka" surname="Jirat"/>
  <mail>     jiratj@systinet.com  </mail>
  <support>  http://www.zvon.org </support>