RE: XALAN!!

(1) What is the character encoding specified in the XML declaration of the
source file?
(2) Are you sure that the actual encoding of the source is what it is
declared to be? A common mistake is to supply a source file in iso-8859-1
encoding with no XML declaration, which means the system thinks it is UTF-8.
(3) What output encoding is specified in the <xsl:output> declaration?
(4) Are you sure you are looking at the output with a text editor that
understands that encoding? A common mistake is to generate output in the
default UTF-8 encoding and then view it using a text editor that only
understands iso-8859-1.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@ntlworld.com