Re: the "use" parameter for a key is to be a path expression

[<TSchutzerWeissmann@uk.imshealth.com>]

> Thomas
>
> You were right about the leading and trailing spaces, but I'm intruiged
that
> you say that the use parameter for a key has to be an XPath expression: in
> that case what about all the examples I have seen using
> concat(@this,'+',@that)?
> That was what I wanted to use in this case but it didn't work.

Well, I can't say about those examples, but I just looked in Mike Kay's book
(XSLT Programmer's Reference) to check my memory, and it does in fact say
that the "use" attribute's value has to be an expression.  That's why your
experiments didn't work.

Some xslt processors (like Saxon) have an extension function that can
convert a string into an XPath expression.  That's handly but non-standard.
Maybe those examples you mention plan to use such an extension function.

Cheers,

Tom P