Re: Variable scope issue.

Hello Nitin,

----- Original Message -----
From: <Nitin.Jain@lntinfotech.com>
> So for this I have a subTotal variable which I declared before the
> template. And when I loop within reports, after printing the first
subTotal
> correctly in the second (and subsequent) subTotals it prints incorrect
> values.
> And the reason is that I try to reset the variable to zero when a new date
> entry is found. But to my surprise the variable is not resseted.
>

> Please suggest what is a workaround.

there is none,

sorry to say that this is a fundamental thing with XSLT, variables are
constant, they don't get set again....uhhh u say ?? its true, and another
thing is u have to watch the scope of a variable.... in terms of the current
context of processing.

since i cant see your existing xslt i cant give u any advice....

but first i would suggest getting a good book or going to the faq (
www.dpawson.co.uk ) or the XSLT spec at www.w3.org to get some basics under
your belt.

chow, jim fuller