RE: Rendering XML Server Side without using ASP

>> Brian,
>>
>> You can't perform transformations serverside using javascript, it is a
>> clientside language.
>
>No it isn't. You can use JavaScript or even perl in asp. You can use
>either as a cgi. I guess as Javascript can be wrapped into a com object
>or scriptlet it should be possible to use it as an isapi filter or
>extension but if you are going to do that you might as well use
>asp/JavaScript.

ok.......

>> My
>> site used to do
>> this, but I found it too slow to send the XML and various
>> stylesheets to the
>> client each time, so I went for complete serverside.
>
>You must have had some strange xml and stylesheets. It is not always the
>case but more often than not that if your xml and xsl is designed
>properly there will be less data on the wire if you send xml and xsl to
>the client for transformation rather than sending the transformed html.
>
>Ciao Chris

I cant see how.  In my a case a list of businesses, searched by name 'Joe
Bloggs', will produce some HTML much smaller than the original xml.  I wont
claim to have designed it properly, but this seems obvious.  Maybe I dont
understand what you're saying..?

cheers

andrew

===