RE: RE:read-write same url in xslt 2 [was appendig to multiple output files]

> damn! :) okay then, but it does seem like an unfortunate
> thing that one
> can't use xslt to make a document append system like that.
> obviously you can
> append to a file by running a stylesheet against it, copying,
> and appending
> to it the content of another document. But that's not
> particularly useful
> when compared to the possibility of appending to multiple
> files from one
> transform. I can see building the same thing in a two step
> process, using if
> in Saxon, saxon:next-in-chain, although this would be rather
> overkill I
> think.
> Do you think there would be a way to achieve this in xslt 2.0 without
> reliance on extension functions?

I can't see any way to make "append" access work in a system where the order
of execution is undefined. Basically, using multiple output documents
doesn't remove the requirement to make the structure of the stylesheet
reflect the structure of the output.

Mike Kay