Re: use cases for d-o-e

David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk> wrote:
> d-o-e really isn't needed for this at all (and using it just makes the
> stylesheet fail n situations like mozilla where d-o-e isn't supported)

I'd rather write "... where d-o-e can't work".
Your formulation somehow suggests that the processor in Mozilla is
incomplete or defective, even for people who know that the standard
does not mandate support for d-o-e, and that they should switch to
another processor/browser which has this fixed. I'd rather like to
have newbies indoctrinated that even support for d-o-e can't help
if the result is not serialized. After all, we don't want to force
every application using XSLT to do an intermediate serialization
step just because IE does it an "it has become common practice..."

Regards
J.Pietschmann