RE: quick table layout problem

Santtu,

Thanks for your reply, that works great.

>> It's really un-efficient way of doing it because of all the the //s , so
you
>> should probably rewrite it so that it will only have to go throught the
>> entry elements once.

I have been trying, but I find it hard to match certain elements.  Take a
snip of the previous example:

====
                  <tgroup cols="6">
                     <colspec colnum="1" colname="COL1" colwidth="113*"
colsep="1" rowsep="1">
                        <colspec colnum="2" colname="COL2" colwidth="78*"
colsep="1" rowsep="1">
                           <colspec colnum="3" colname="COL3" colwidth="78*"
colsep="1" rowsep="1">
                              <colspec colnum="4" colname="COL4"
colwidth="78*" colsep="1" rowsep="1">
                                 <colspec colnum="5" colname="COL5"
colwidth="78*" colsep="1" rowsep="1">
                                    <colspec colnum="6" colname="COL6"
colwidth="78*" colsep="1" rowsep="1">
                                       <thead>
                                          <colspec colnum="1" colname="COL1"
colwidth="113*" colsep="1" rowsep="1">
                                             <colspec colnum="2"
colname="COL2" colwidth="78*" colsep="1" rowsep="1">
                                                <colspec colnum="3"
colname="COL3" colwidth="78*" colsep="1" rowsep="1">
                                                   <colspec colnum="4"
colname="COL4" colwidth="78*" colsep="1" rowsep="1">
                                                      <colspec colnum="5"
colname="COL5" colwidth="78*" colsep="1" rowsep="1">
                                                         <colspec colnum="6"
colname="COL6" colwidth="78*" colsep="1" rowsep="1">
                                                            <row>
                                                               <entry
colname="COL1" colsep="1" rowsep="1">Nominal, UN Thread, Size</entry>
====

What is the best xpath expression to match the <entry> element, without
using //?

What would be really good - if one of the experts out there had some spare
time ;) - is a little utility that would display an XML file much like IE's
default, and give you the xpath of any elements if you clicked/hovered on
it.  More importantly, it could give you the xpath of any element in
relation to another element and so on.

Has this already been done??

Many thanks,

Andrew.

btw, the discussions on this list seem to have developed to level beyond
what it was a few months ago. Is this still the place to post questions like
this, or would the main participants prefer if this list was kept for heavy
topics like the new v2 specs?