From: Joshua.Kuswadi@BTFinancialgroup.com
[mailto:Joshua.Kuswadi@BTFinancialgroup.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2001 4:47 PM
To: xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com
Subject: RE: [xsl] xsl:variable question

Hi Long,

> <xsl:template match="/">
> 	<xsl:variable name="mode">1</xsl:variable>
> </xsl:template>
>
> <xsl:template name="dosomething">
> 	<xsl:if test="$mode='1'">
> 	</xsl:if>
> </template>
> ------------------------------------
> <xsl:template match="/">
> 	<xsl:variable name="mode" select='1'/>
> </xsl:template>
>
> <xsl:template name="dosomething">
> 	<xsl:if test="$mode='1'">
> 	</xsl:if>
> </template>
>
> why the first one does not work, but the second one works.
>
> am i doing anything wrong in the first xsl?

My first impression is that neither should work, as the scope of the
mode variable is only defined within the first template. I'm not sure
why your second one does work.

I would have a stylesheet like:
<xsl:stylesheet>
<xsl:variable name="mode" select="'1'"/>
<xsl:template match="/">
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template name="dosomething">
	<xsl:if test="$mode='1'">
	</xsl:if>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

HTH,
Joshua

------
This message and any attachment is confidential and may be privileged or
otherwise protected from disclosure.  If you have received it by mistake
please let us know by reply and then delete it from your system; you
should not copy the message or disclose its contents to anyone.