Re: One nodeset, multiple branches

Eric,

At 11:55 AM 12/19/01, you wrote:
>excellent.  in the past while I'd gotten to the point of adding a
>variable, and getting the rights for the groups in that nodeset, but I am
>completely stumped now on combining the two resulting sets.

That's not so bad. Use the union operator for node-sets:

//user[@username='evitiello']//right | //group[@name=$usergroups]//right

or even

(//user[@username='evitiello'] | //group[@name=$usergroups])//right

(keeping in mind there are ways to avoid the costly // traversals given
information about document structure, context nodes and the uniqueness of
values)

The union of the two sets is a set that will be traversed, in a for-each or
apply-templates, in document order. Within the set, no *node* will be
duplicated (though of course their values might).

Cheers,
Wendell