Re: outputting &nbsp to HTML (about)

Aniceto López wrote:
> no need to be a "code-taliban" if newbies spupid questoins are not welkome
> in list just tell me, I'll quit
>
> (comentaries are welkome)

Don't leave the list. Just understand that the gurus here have been
answering these same questions for 2.5 years now and they have very little
patience when the same questions are asked every day. It is also
particularly frustrating when "bad" or incomplete advice is given by
newbies and lurkers who apparently miss the weekly, sometimes daily "good"
& proper answers to people's questions.

We could all stand to be a little more patient with the newbies. Jeni T.
probably sets the best example for us, going to extraordinary lengths to
educate the newbies, even when she's said it all before time & again.

It might also do us all, especially first-time posters, some good to get
into the habit of asking & answering questions with some humility. For
example, if you're a newbie, then rather than posting a
disable-output-escaping code snippet as gospel, you might have said "I
found that this method achieved the results I wanted. It may not be the
only way or the best way to go about it, so please let me know if it is
for some reason not recommended."

This is just a suggestion to help diminish the misperceptions and
frustration among the more experienced listmembers, so don't take it as me
telling you how to post. It's just an idea to help keep tempers from
flaring and egos from bruising.

   - Mike