Re: [xsl] RE: [xsl] Re: [xsl] Re[2]: [xsl] Re: [xsl] RE: [xsl] Re: [xsl]   is being displayed as Á

JR> Interesting. Could you please post an example for an HTML file (that you
JR> think is OK) which will not be displayd correctly by IE (under some

I can't attach to the list, but I've sent this to you personally with
the attachment. Here is exactly what the problem was:

I set the endoding (in a Content-Type meta and xsl:output) as UTF-8.

When viewed in IE, it displayed OK at first. I then removed the
encoding Auto Detect, turned Auto Detect on again, and it switches to
"Vietnamese (Windows)" which displays the "Á" character again.

>From what I have seen of IE, when it first loads a document the
encoding Auto Detect seems to take the encoding from the Content-Type
meta. If you take off Auto Detact and put it on again, it seems to try
to guess the encoding rather than taking it from the meta tag.

I am guessing this because if I create iso-8859-1 from XSLT, but label
it UTF-8, IE first displays it as UTF-8. If you take off Auto Detect
and put it on again, IE displays it as "Western European (Windows)"

I create iso-8859-1 from XSLT, and label it correctly as iso-8859-1,
IE first displays it as "Western European (ISO)". If you take off Auto
Detect and put it on again, IE displays it as "Western European
(Windows)"

The Vietnamese thing really confuses me though...
--
May the flares be with you,
 Kevin                    mailto:xmldude@burieddreams.com

++++++++++++ Cool music - http://burieddreams.com/marshan