From: David Carlisle [mailto:davidc@nag.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2001 1:18 PM
To: xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com
Subject: Re: [xsl] RE: [xsl] RE: [xsl] RE: [xsl] RE: [xsl] Re: [xsl] RE:
[xsl] Re: [xsl]   is being displayed as Á

> Could somebody explain to my WHY '&' translates to '&' but
' '
> doesn't change at all?

It doesn't. & produces a sngle & character in the input.
When serialised to the output, an & will be written out a &.

Following this by nbsp; changes nothing.

> And, how would you suggest someone actually get ' ' into the output
in

use   that produces a non breaking space in the input, it will be
serialised in some way that is legal xml or html, the exact choice is
left to the xslt engine, it might use   or   or just character
data.

> David Carlisle, if there are as you said, "...an average of 1001 posting a
> week for explanations of why this is the case." please let me know what to
> search for in the archive to find ONE of them.  Until then get of your
> high-horse.

It's not a high horse, but just exasperation.

David