Re: matching-pattern of xsl:key

>Hello,
>
>I have a little problem with the xsl:key. I would select only nodes with
>specific root-nodes.  Like this:
>
><xsl:key name="distinct-join" match="/FROM/JOIN//*" use="@table" />
>
>This should index only all Nodes under /FROM/JOIN. But this wont work.
>
>Or can only use one Node- or Attribute-Name?

No, its a pattern - what you have written is legal.  So I guess it
doesn't mean what you think it means.

This pattern will only match nodes if your document has a top level
element <FROM> with one or more children of type <JOIN>.  If <FROM> is
not the top level element, then you meant match="//FROM/JOIN//*".

If you have problems with the transform running slowly, you may want
to turn the pattern the other way up:
match="*[ancestor::JOIN[parent::FROM]]"
Whether you need to do this depends on how smart your processor is.
Regards,
Trevor Nash
--
Traditional training & distance learning,
Consultancy by email

Melvaig Software Engineering Limited
voice:     +44 (0) 1445 771 271
email:     tcn@melvaig.co.uk