Re: Outputting literal and 'quoted' tags.

> But as long as I'm using <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes"> as
> proposed earlier I'm OK, right?

No, check the archives of this list (or a long discussion within the
last few days)  disable-output-escaping is _almost always_ the wrong
thing to do. It is specified as being non portable and certainly you do
not need it here.

> Because I'll be doing stuff like
>
> &lt;input type="checkbox" name="<xsl:value-of select="@id"/>" value="yes"&lt;?php; if ($value == 'yes') { echo " checked"; } ?&gt;&gt;
>
> and other ugliness. You're allowed to say 'yech!' at this point, but so
> far, it's been working great for me.

'yech!'

I thought php had an xml friendly syntax these days that didn't require
that you placed <? inside markup. If not and you want to produce this
kind of text then it's better to use the text output method (as that is
what you are doing) ratherthan trying to bend the html output method
with d-o-e.

David