Re: XSLT works in IE6 and some IE5

Hi Simon,

> I have a set of XSLT stylesheets (DOCBOOK derivatives). In IE4 and
> *some* copies of IE5 I get a green background and trashes my
> content. In *most* copies of IE5 and all copies of IE6 it gives me
> what I want.
>
> I tried checking with the URL "res://msxml3.dll/DEFAULTSS.xsl" to
> make sure that MSXML3 is installed and it comes up OK on the IE5
> versions. Installing MSMXL3 for safety's sake doesn't help on the
> IE4 or IE5 copies, but I can't identify why it works on some
> (Windows) machines and not others ...

It might be to do with whether MSXML3 has been installed in 'replace
mode' or not. If MSXML3 is installed in replace mode then it's the
version used automatically by IE5, otherwise it uses MSXML2. I think
that you can get around this by using Javascript to hand-code the
transformation and specifically creating "MSXML2.DOMDocument" DOMs
rather than "Microsoft.XMLDOM" or "MSXML.DOMDocument" DOMs for the
source and stylesheet documents.

Cheers,

Jeni

---