Re: Netscape changes font-size in table

[Katie McNally]

> I tried, separately, both your class selector suggestion and your SPAN
> element suggestion.
>
> When I used the class selector code below the text in the table was all
the
> same small font size, but not the font that I wanted to use (it looks like
> Times New Roman, but may be another font).  This was the case in both NS
and
> IE browsers:

> .mystyle {font-size:11px}
> td.mystyle {font-size:11px}
> tr td.mystyle {font-size:11px}
> table tr td.mystyle {font-size:11px}
> div table tr td.mystyle {font-size:11px}

When you don't specify the font, you should get the default font the browser
was set for (using Preferences), whatever that happens to be.

> When I used the class selector code below the text in the table was all
the
> same font size, but it was a larger font size than the results displayed
for
> the case above despite the fact that the font-size was supposed to be 11px
> for both cases.  The font was also not Verdana (again it looks like Times
> New Roman):

> .mystyle {font-family:Verdana font-size:11px}
> td.mystyle {font-family:Verdana font-size:11px}
> tr td.mystyle {font-family:Verdana font-size:11px}
> table tr td.mystyle {font-family:Verdana font-size:11px}
> div table tr td.mystyle {font-family:Verdana font-size:11px}

You don't have a semi-colon after the name of the font.  That's why you
didn't get what you expected.  I just tried the following using Netscape
4.73 in Windows 2000, and it gave me verdana (no way to be sure what the
point size is, but I presume it's right):

td.mystyle {font-family:Verdana; font-size:11px}

The font size displayed as seems to be a bit smaller than in IE, but that's
probably a browser-specific difference, not anything wrong with the style
specification.

Are you trying this on Windows or something else?

Cheers,

Tom P