Re: positional predicates in XPath vs XQL

Christopher R. Maden wrote:

>>>No.  Whence did you acquire it?
>>>
>>Fallacious raciotination obviously.
>>
>>I'll bite. What is the correct result in the XPath case??
>>

> Nodes 2, 5, and 7.

I guess that the confusion comes out of the fact that even though
/section/para[ 1 ] is a node set containing nodes 2, 5 and 7, its string
"value" is the string value of the first node in this list, i.e. the
string value of node 2.

Thus, if you display this node set using the XPath string() function or
the xsl:value-of XSLT element, you will get the string value of node 2
even though the node set is indeed the list (node 2, node 4, node 5).

Eric
--
See you in Orlando for XML 2001.
                                     http://www.xmlconference.net/xmlusa/