This is the mail archive of the
mailing list .
[ANN] Anywhere to Anywhere data integration
- From: "Ramin Firoozye" <ramin at wizen dot com>
- To: <XSL-List at lists dot mulberrytech dot com>
- Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 17:03:04 -0800
- Subject: [xsl] [ANN] Anywhere to Anywhere data integration
- Reply-to: xsl-list at lists dot mulberrytech dot com
Announcing XML-based Anywhere-To-Anywhere Data Integration Platform
Wizen Software is pleased to announce the general release of
PowerXML Pro(tm) version 2.1.
PowerXML is a dynamic data-integration platform supporting information
exchange from anywhere to anywhere.
PowerXML enables data interchange between XML and non-XML data sources.
Sources include files, databases, applications, web-sites, mainframes,
and web-services. PowerXML is based on industry standard XML, XSLT,
and XPath technologies.
Key advantages include:
- Ability to work seamlessly with non-XML (native), XML, and HTML data.
- Speed with which visual 'data pipelines' can be built.
- Ability to work with existing applications, programmable
interfaces, and data formats -- without requiring modification
to the underlying system.
PowerXML is designed to integrate with a variety of systems, including
application servers, EAI platforms, portals, and web-servers. Uses include
content integration, data format conversion, E-commerce, B2B exchanges,
portal feeds, web-based applications, deploying web-services, and
opening up access to islands of information.
PowerXML consists of:
PowerXML Pro(tm) - A standalone desktop tool for visually building
and executing dynamic data pipelines. Pipelines can be used to
combine, filter, transform, and map data between various data sources
PowerXML Pro features include:
- Simple three-step visual pipeline metaphor (Input, Process, Output).
- Native converters for non-XML files, databases, and applications
- Large number of built-in actions to simplify content aggregation,
filtering, and transformation.
- Built-in XPath processor for data filtering and 'macro' language.
- Direct two-way database access (via ODBC).
- Dynamic variables -- values can be assigned from user-input,
XML data, HTML forms, or HTTP requests. Variables are accessible
from any dialog box, XPath, built-in actions, or XSLT.
- Automatic conversion of database records into XML (complete tables
or SQL queries).
- Expandability via Xaplet(tm) technology (direct access to Java,
- Built-in HTML to XML conversion.
- Add-on PowerPack(tm) support for access to packaged applications
and conversion to/from industry-standard XML grammars.
- Visual XML browser and HTML previewer.
- Visual XPath expression-builder.
- Multiple XSLT engines included (MSXML, Xalan-J, Xalan-C,
PowerXML Server(tm) - A highly scalable server deployment and
integration platform. PowerXML Server turns a standard web server
into a dynamic data interchange. It allows data pipelines to be
shared, browsed, and accessed as web-services. PowerXML's server
deployment wizard provides a simple way to migrate pipelines from
the desktop onto the server and to integrate PowerXML with existing
The server can also be used to perform batch data conversion and
integration tasks. PowerXML Server will be available for
Windows NT/2K/XP, Linux, and Solaris platforms.
A free 30-day fully-functional version of PowerXML Pro v2.1 is
available on the Wizen website at <http://www.wizen.com>.
For more information, please contact us at <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>.
The PowerXML Development Team
XSL-List info and archive: http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list