XSL/FOP:Work-around for linefeed problem in FOP .19

Hello!

We are aware of a problem with LineArea.java in the FOP suite.  It is
not handling linefeeds.  Is there a workaround that we can use.  We were
told to use   to replace the line feeds, but this does not work as
well.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your consideration,

Rachael