Re: different crosstables from xml data

Thanks for your count tips Jeni!

> Obviously the closer the XML source document
> is to the result that you want, the easier it's
> going to be for the XSLT to process it. If you
> generate something that has the same structure
> as the table element you want to produce, then
> you hardly have to do any transformation.

Well actually I build the whole table with php
and CSS Stylesheets.

I thought I could do some 'special effects' like
change rows/columns or split tables when their items
reach screen width. Probably xslt is not a programming
language like php or pearl.

But with xml and xsl I don't need access to a php-script
on a running webserver to view the results in different
styles ...

> I wasn't sure from your message whether you wanted
> help with the rest of the transformation; let us
> know if you do.

Well, I will try a little bit...

Bye,

Ingo