table type output in text fromat in a complex xml file.

Hi all,
 we know that we can give a table like ordered appearance(without borders,
obviously)for an xml data when all the data is similar(i.e all the elements
and their child elements are similar in content --they  all can be grouped
into a pattern) in text format(that can be seen in notepad) using XSL.
 now, i have a complex XML file with a lot of different kinds of elements
and their corresponding child elements.
I have written a style sheet in XSL  to html which will group all the
similar data in html tables. we have a lot of html tables like that.

Now , my question is --- is it possible to write a xsl style sheet to
produce that many html table like appearances(without borders-just a open
table look)  in text format?This is just an investigation and i wanted to
know whether it is possible.

1) we have to use only XSLT. we cannot use  XSL  Formatting   objects.
 2) we know that <xsl:text> command can be used for small files where u can
get only one table. we use it inside template match ="/"  etc. code. now, if
i have to produce some 10 to 20 tables like that in the same style sheet in
text format, what do i do?

can anyone enlighten me , whether it is possible in XSLT?

thanks and regards,
praveen