RE: Re: Re: String parsing in XSLT/XPath?

> Not long ago I raised the question whether a special new XSLT
> instruction will be
> necessary in order to specify that a contained sequence of
> XSLT instructions can be
> performed in parallel. As there was no answer, I'm asking
> this question again.

I believe there is nothing in XSLT 1.0 that prevents a sequence of
instructions being executed in parallel. Occasionally the spec slips into
describing the semantics as if exeution is sequential, but the language has
been carefully designed so that the effect of an instruction never depends
on the effect of a preceding instruction. The only "fly in the ointment" is
extension functions with side-effects.

Mike Kay