RE: MSXML Script Enable, syntax for child of chil of parent of parent that has same name and has some attribute

Nathan,
Works fine here.

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="stylesheet01.xsl" ?>
<test>
 <te>this is a test</te>
</test>

With your stylesheet

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
      xmlns:msxsl="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt"
      xmlns:user="http://mycompany.com/mynamespace";>

<msxsl:script language="JScript"
implements-prefix="user">
   function xml(nodelist) {
      return nodelist.nextNode().xml;
   }
</msxsl:script>

<xsl:template match="/">
   <xsl:value-of select="user:xml(.)"/>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

Gives

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>&lt;?xml version="1.0"?&gt;
&lt;?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="stylesheet01.xsl" ?&gt;
&lt;test&gt;
 &lt;te&gt;this is a test&lt;/te&gt;
&lt;/test&gt;

As expected thought why you would want to do that...
Are you in replace mode?

<xsl:when test="../../meta/a[@isSquare='Y']">...

Ciao Chris

XML/XSL Portal